Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Battle of the M's: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer vs MAC Studio Fix Concealer


The Battle of the M's:

The title is pretty self explanatory as to what I am comparing, right? 

I know one is in the thin liquid form and the other is a thick in the pot form.

But a concealer is a concealer, it should conceal imperfections, right?

So I compared a popular drugstore brand with a popular non drugstore brand.

Instead of noting down individual reviews, I will straight away go to the comparison:

Maybelline is a liquid consistency in the tube form.
MAC is a thick consistency in the pot form.

Maybelline shade pictured here is Light.
MAC is in the shade NW30.







As you can see I have pretty intense dark circles.



On the left I have used Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and on the right side I have used Mac Studio Finish Concealer. 
Not much difference in the coverage.

The Fit Me concealer although the shade says Light, it blended pretty well in my skin tone.
Coverage is medium, but it can be layered without looking cakey. 

Studio Finish gives perfect coverage for under eye dark circles.

Brush is required for the both the concealers to blend perfectly.
The wand in the Fit Me concealer is of no use other than applying. For blending, brush it is.

To be in a budget, Maybelline Fit Me is the perfect fit, but it seems that after a while the concealer gets a little dry, because the application is not as smooth as it used to be when it was new. I bought it a month back. 

Whereas MAC Studio Finish Concealer never loses its charm. I have been using the same pot since 2 years, still hasn't dried up on me and the application is still smooth. For a review on the same, click here.

The Fit Me concealer lasts me a good 4-5 hours, whereas Studio Finish lasts me entire day approx. 8 hours.

Overall, if you can, buy the MAC one because of the staying power and the coverage that it gives.
If you are in a budget, Maybelline Fit Me will do the job of concealing, but you might end up buying it again after 2-3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments, feedback or suggestion