Below are my picks for who are just starting to use makeup or are confused with what one should have to complete the makeup kit.
1. Concealer: For undereye dark circles and to cover scars/dark spots on face.
My picks: MAC Studio Finish Concealer or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector
2. Compact or Loose powder: To remove the shine from the face. A must have product for ladies with oily skin.
My picks: Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder
3. Eyeshadow/Eye Primer: A black eyeshadow is a must. It can be used for a smokey eye look and also on a liner for longer stay.
Eye primer is important for the eyeshadow to stay longer without fading and creasing.
Paint pots by MAC are amazing options, they can be even used as a cream shadow all by itself.
4. Blush: It gives an instant freshness to your face.
My picks/Must have shades: A red for a party/nightwear look, a pink for a light/natural look, a dark brown which can be used as a bronzer and a blush.
Majority of the brands have a variety of shades, go with the one which has a good pigmentation and stays longer.
My favourite brands for blush: MAC and Maybelline
5. Lipstick/Lipbalm: A lipbalm is a must before applying any lipstick. It makes your lips hydrated for a longer time. A tinted lipbalm can be used all by itself if you don't want to spend in a lipstick.
Must have shades for lipstick: Red, Rosy and Brown
6. Eyeliner: Two shades: Black and White is all you need.
White can be used on your water line to open up your eyes instantly.
You can use the white eyeliner as a highlighter for your cheeks, brow bone and near the tear ducts for the instant glow.
My picks: NYX eyeliner pencils, Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner and MAC Gel Liner (You will need an eyeliner brush or an eye pencil to use this product)
7. Mascara: For an instant eye opener, a black and a clear mascara completes the kit.
Clear mascara can be used to brush up and set your eyebrows.
My pick: Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara and Covergirl Lash Blast
8. Makeup remover: Always remove your makeup and then relax.
My pick: The Body Shop Makeup Remover.
Always clean your face with a good soap free face wash, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer, apply a moisturiser and a sunscreen, and then start your makeup.
If you have more budget then you might want to invest in a makeup brushes kit, although you can ignore them and your makeup kit will still be complete.